Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Artha42 is hiring

Artha42 is hiring. I have been conducting a lot of interviews lately and am completely dissappointed at the state of freshers coming out of engineering colleges. They spend 4 years supposedly studying IT and Computer Science and cannot answer a simple question like fizzbuzz. Come on. I completely agree with krishashok on this one. Chennai does have concentration camps and they are the bane for a creative society.



If there are guys wanting to work in a fun, passionate and challenging environment, please send your profile to careers artha42.com.

2 comments:

Niranjan said...

Actually this is not just for Chennai colleges. I think you would face the same situation if you go to any other location. The problem is with the educational institutions. The reason: Most of the faculty members are "Let Us C" and "Let Us C++" guys who have no idea about ROR, MySQL, or ActionScript. Don't blame the freshers. They are meek lambs in the hands of the wolves (or should I say grasp?)

Unknown said...

@Niranjan,

I do not expect them to know Ruby or MySQL. All I expect is for them to know basic programming. Using loops thinking logically asking relevant questions and such. You simply have to have that programming gene in you to get through our interviews. The reason I am pissed off with these colleges is that they produce so much garbage. This is quite evident from the candidates I am interviewing.